11.24.2012

sleepy scheherazade / yes, i can (try to) help you find that

Few nights ago, Brandon and I went to the Bass Hall to experience Scheherazade.  Gonna be honest... I'd been dreading it a bit, after how terrible (being honest!!!) I'd felt during our last little musical adventure.  However, it wasn't as terrible a night, this time!  But before we get into that, let's back up a bit!

~~~ *makes cliche rewind sounds*~~~

I've started my new job as a Library Assistant II with the Central Library.  It sort of took a while and I had to go through an agonizingly week-long training-thing before I could officially start work-work, but I'm finally there.  Let me tell you, it's way different than what I'm used to.  I mean, work is work, and I've no qualms with added responsibility or change in work-styles or anything like that.  It's just that... I'd worked in the same place for over 3 years and felt like a master-level circulation guy!  I knew the ins-and-outs, my bosses and I had a great relationship, and I felt like I was part of an inner sanctum of our department.  Now, I have no idea where most things are (getting better) and I'm trying my best to create a good relationship with my new bosses, while feeling like like a total n00b.

So anyway, when I got home on the night of the concert, I was tired.  It had been a bit of an overwhelming day at work, and I wasn't super excited at having to turn around and go back out the door for a night of "let's-struggle-to-stay-awake."  To make myself feel better, balance it all out in my head, AND give a middle finger to anyone who'd care to notice, I wore jeans.

As fate would have it, hubs chose seats that were insanely high and away from the crowds of diligent listen-to-the-music-whilst-I-text people, which meant that I was free to fall asleep without fear of jabs or whispers.  AWESOME.  However, I didn't need to do it as much as I thought I would.  There was this one cello concerto-thing that I kind of liked, so I stayed awake through most of it, and of course, everyone knows the main tune in Scheherazade, so I had no need to time-travel via sleep for at least the first 2 movements.

Hubs, however, hated the whole thing.  Poor guy, he was so excited, but because of that super power of his, he picked apart the music and caught all the mistakes and just plain ol' didn't have a good time.  On top of it all, he was nervous that the box we were sitting in would disintegrate, the floor would crumble away, we'd fall a gajillion feet, and plummet to our deaths while taking out half the crowd.

Silly guy didn't have a good time.

Oh well.  I'll have to teach him how to use my time-travel abilities so that the next time he's not having a good time, he can simply dream himself into the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment